INTRODUCING THE PATENT-PENDING BUMPER SYSTEM FOR TITAN
All your EOD needs are here
DESIGNED, ENGINEERED AND TESTED TO ABSORB HIGH ENERGY RECOIL AND IMPACT PRESSURE
WHY DID WE DECIDE TO DEVELOP THE NEW BUMPER SYSTEM FOR THE TITAN?
TiTAN was originally developed and supplied to support Special Mission EOD operations and operators normally working in remote locations and under very austere conditions. Normally, these operations required speed of action, where the EOD Operator needed to rapidly position, aim, and fire the TiTAN without worry over “recoil”. Furthermore, most of those environments and locations were in the “open” and the EOD Operator didn’t have to worry about recoil nor worry that the TiTAN would or might recoil into a very dense object located behind it.
Over time, both the EOD mission and location of operations changed to ones where the TiTAN might recoil into a dense object (i.e. brick wall, roadside concrete curb, or hardened wall) that may be only a few feet to the rear of the TiTAN, causing the TiTAN to violently recoil into that object, causing damage to the “push lock fitting” preventing further use. Furthermore, TiTAN now has and is moving into the Federal, State, and Local Law Enforcement Bomb Squad Community, were disrupter use is frequent and often conducted within and around buildings which have walls in close proximity to where the TiTAN will be fired, thus the need to protect the Breach Cap and Push Lock Shock Tube Adapter Housing Assembly and to restrain the powerful rearward recoil of the TiTAN.
- The Bumper and Bumper System was developed to help reduce violent / powerful recoil when firing the TiTAN and with the purpose of protecting the TiTAN Breach Cap and attached Push Lock Shock Tube Adapter Housing/Assembly
- Goal is to prevent damage to the “push lock fitting” housed in the Push Lock Shock Tube Adapter Housing. To replace that part cost approximately $300.00 (+/-)
- Secondly, the Bumper System reduces critical time when operating in dark or limited light situations where locating the TiTAN (post firing) may become problematic (difficulty to locate/find it)
HOW DOES THE PATENT-PENDING BUMPER SYSTEM IMPROVE THE PERFORMANCE OF THE TiTAN?
It is specifically designed, engineered, and tested to absorb high energy recoil / impact pressure during firing when the rear of the TiTAN is likely to strike a dense object (i.e. concrete wall, metal wall, concrete curb, hardened outer or inner building material); thus protecting the Breach Cap and Push Lock Shock Tube Adapter Housing/Assembly and reducing critical time to locate the TiTAN, prepare it for follow-on disruption missions or to quickly return it to service.
Light weight, easy to assemble/easy to use, reduces costly repairs (cited above cost to replace just the Push Lock Shock Tube Adapter Housing is approximately $300.00 (+/-), provides optimal protection to TiTAN critical components.
WHY IS THE BUMPER SYSTEM BY ZERO POINT THE OPTIMAL CHOICE?
- Bumper currently comes in two distinct colors (yellow and black). Both colors are optimized for visual recognition to better support TiTAN recovery post shot
- Bumper is engineered to absorb the high impact pressures created during TiTAN firing/recoil, while providing maximum protection to critical TiTAN firing components
- Bumper System is optimized to absorb recoil pressures and reduce recoil distances to less than 3 feet of recoil flight, keeping the TiTAN system close to its firing point and improving post shot recoveryThe bumper stop also has an attachment point which is universal to fit most carabiners. It is not required to use a carabiner and can be used with any high rated tensile strength lanyard. The bumper stop “hole” was created as an anchoring point for those parties that may want to attach some sort of lanyard to the Titan. The bumper stop has been thoroughly tested in the toughest environments to make sure that it maintains its strength and does the required job time and time again.
- Replacement cost reduction: Bumper replacement is orders of magnitude less than the cost to replace one Push Lock Shock Tube Adapter Housing (~$300.00 +/-)
- Durability, the Bumper and Bumper System are able to be used multiple times without costly replacement